At inception, a new website is manageable because of the sizeable amount of data stored in its media library. But with an increase in use and the constant uploads of data, the media library starts to attract clutter. WordPress system architecture has complex in-built functionalities, but the default organize WordPress media library tool cannot arrange these files and folders in a structured manner.
Naturally, when data is stored in the media library, at one time or another, the user will need the same data to either improve the general outlook of the website or to update the posts. Finding the file can prove to be a tedious task, hence the need to Organize the WordPress Media Library filing system.
WordPress has an unkept media environment. Every time you upload data to the media library, they are stored based on the month, and the year they were uploaded. This data is generally stored in the folder called /wp-content/uploads/. While to retrieve data, you can use the WordPress admin menu, storing data in a specific folder is quite a challenge. To achieve this is possible by installing a compatible plugin tool.
In this article, we will be taking you through the whole process of Installing and using the WPFileo plugin to organize the WordPress media library. You will also learn the plugin’s importance and how it helps you manipulate data in your media library.
More so, you will get to know if the plugin is compatible with other plugins and if they complement each other to undertake the intricate work of managing data in the media library.
How can I unclutter my WordPress Media Library?
Data in WordPress media is unorganized. Since you want a flawless data management system to unclutter and ensure fluidity when manipulating data in your media library, it’s advisable to install a WordPress plugin tool. This tool will boost the capacity of your media library to store data in a structured manner. Additionally, it will improve how data is stored in the media library. However, WPFileo is one of the best plugin systems that you can use to assist in storing data and adequately organize the WordPress Media Library.
What is WPFileo Pro?
WPFileo Pro, created by Solwin Infotech, is a plugin that systematically enables the WordPress user to organize the WordPress media library.
You can create folders, subfolders, directories, and subdirectories, and move and store data in an organized way in specific folders. WPFileo has the capability to work in tandem with other plugins. However, it can execute all the WordPress media library’s functionalities.
The plugin offers you advanced features that enhance your default WordPress Media Library to make it not only accessible but more efficient, allowing you to better organize vast numbers of media files using categorized features. Most importantly is the fact that the plugin does not affect the core features of the WordPress Media Library.
How does it work?
By default, WordPress stores your images and media files in the /wp/content/uploads/folder. All the files are stored in folders organized by year and month. While the Media Library is structured, many users want more control over how the Media Library stores its media files.
For instance, if you have a photography website, you may want to organize your images by topic, location, or event. It may be that you want to organize your media uploads by type, client, industry, or more. A better structure of your files is invaluable for SEO, as it allows you to add keywords in your image URLs. That’s what you get by installing and using the WPFileo Pro. It’s also excellent for achieving a responsive web design.
The plugin is user friendly and does not require any technical skills. After you install it, you can use it to upload document files, zip files, images, audio as well as video files with a click of a button. Moreover, it allows you to drag and drop files making it easier to use for virtually everyone. It’s a perfect tool for content editors and website owners.
Summary of WPFileoPro Features:
- It allows the user to organize files & folders with the help of a drag & drop interface.
- Avails an option to either select a single file at a time or use bulk mode to select multiple items.
- Offers the ability to create shortcuts for files. This enables you to effortlessly create shortcuts and have the same file at multiple places, while you save space on your hard disk.
- Supports different file formats, which facilitates you to add media files in multiple formats with ease on your website
- It’s compatible with popular themes and plugins like WooCommerce, Visual Composer, Slider Revolution, Divi Builder, etc.
The plugin comes with a money-back guarantee to help you use it risk-free.
Installing and configuring WPFileo Pro plugin
WPFileo is one of the straight forward and easy to use plugins even if it’s your first time adding a plugin to your WordPress website. There are two ways to achieve this. You can install the plugin through your WordPress Admin area or via FTP. Simply follow the below process, and you will have the plugin installed and working in no time.
Before you begin the installation, you have to visit the WPFileo product page to purchase and download its ZIP file to your computer in readiness for installation.
(A) Installation via WordPress Admin area
1. First, you need to login to your website’s admin panel with your username and password.
2. Once you are in the WordPress admin dashboard, you will find the plugins menu on the left side.
3. Hovering on Plugins, you will see the ‘Add New‘ button; click on the button to proceed.
4. Again on top of the page, you’ll see the ‘Upload Plugin‘ button; click on the button.
5. Click on choose file and upload the WPFileo-pro-.zip plugin file from your computer.
6. Click on the Install Now button followed by the Activate button.
Viola! WPFileo is successfully installed on your WordPress website.
(B) Installation via FTP
1. Begin by extracting the selected WPFileo-pro-.zip file.
2. It will create a WPPFileo pro folder consisting of all plugin files and folders.
3. To install the plugin folder, you will require an FTP file program like Filezilla or Cpanel.
4. Using Filezilla or cPanel, upload the non-zipped WPfileo folder into the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your computer.
5. Now go to Dashboard and click on plugins, then Installed Plugins.
6. Find WPFileo in the list of plugins.
7. Finally, click on Activate, and you will have effectively activate the WPFileo Pro plugin on your WordPress website.
How can you organize your WordPress Media Library with WPFileo Pro?
Now that you have the WPFileo Pro plugin successfully installed on your WordPress website let us guide you on how you can take advantage of this invaluable plugin to access your media files and organize them with much ease.
Why is it essential to organize your files in the Media Library folder?
To organize WordPress Media Library is essential because structured data is easy to manipulate. Using a WPFileo Pro plugin enables you to manage the media library effortlessly. Moreover, It creates folder systems that include collections and galleries. WordPress can’t give you much help in its default state when it comes to tangling all those files; WPFileo is your tool of choice.
If you install the plugin on your WordPress Media Library, you don’t have to digit up under unstructured data rubble when you need a file or folder. You only need to go to a specific file and retrieve your file/folder hustle free.
The WPFileo pro plugin in WordPress Media Library will inject order by creating an organized structure of highly filterable folders and subfolders to make it easier to get a file or a folder. In essence, it avails a user-friendly interface and a free hand in data management in the media library.
When you activate the file, the plugin will add a new menu item labeled ‘Media Library Folders’ in the WordPress admin sidebar. Click on it to open the plugin’s folder to show all the folders inside your WordPress upload directory.
After that, you can create new folders and add files to them. You can also move, copy, rename, or delete your files at will.
How to Create and Manage Folders and Files Using WPPFileo
Installing the WPFileo Pro plugin on your website will help you manage and organize your media files hassle-free. However, to get the best from the plugin requires that you understand how to use it. We shall show you step-by-step on how to create and manage folders using WPFileo Pro.
(A) Manage Folders
1. Create a New Folder
Creating a new folder is as easy as creating a folder on your desktop
- Go to Media in your admin menu
- Click on the ‘Library’ sub-menu that appears
- Click on the Add New Folder icon in the Toolbar
- A text input space appears for adding the name of your folder
- Type the name of your folder and save it by clicking on the Green tick button. To cancel, click on the Red Cross.
- After you create a folder, it will show up in the list on the sidebar and the main interface
2. Create Sub-Folder
- Select your desired folder or right-click on a folder, you’ll see a context menu.
- Click on New Folder, and you will have created a sub-folder.
3. Rename Folder
WPFileo allows you to not only create a new folder but also to prevent duplicate names by using auto assigning numbers that have the same folder name to prevent duplication. You can rename a folder as follows:
- Select the folder that you wish to rename and click on the ‘Rename Folder’ icon from Toolbar on top.
- Give a new name to the folder by typing it in the space that appears.
- Click on the green tick to save your new name.
You can also simply right-click on a folder and select ‘Rename Folder’ from the context menu.
4. Delete Folder
(4.1) Simply select the folder that you wish to delete and then click on the ‘Delete Folder‘ icon from Toolbar.
(4.2) Alternatively, you can delete a folder by right-clicking on it and select ‘Delete Folder’ from the context menu.
- Refresh: To refresh, you only need to click on the Refresh icon from Toolbar
- Add Color Folder label
Select your folder of choice and then click on the ‘Add Folder color’ icon from the Toolbar; the color icon tool appears where you can then select and add custom colors and then click on the choose button.
(4.3) Sort Folder by Name: When you click the last option in the Toolbar, you will see the following two options:
- Sort by ASC – meaning sort by Ascending order
- Sort by DESC- meaning sort by Descending order
Whichever option you choose, you’ll see the sorting of your folders in the sort list accordingly.
(4.4) Search Folders: The option to search folder is available above the file list; if you type in your desired folder, it will auto show.
(B) Manage Files
WPFileo offers simple and straightforward ways to manage files.
1. Move Files to Folder:
- Click on ‘Nonorganized’ below the Toolbar
- You will see the Media attachment in Media Library
- Select a file and drag it to your desired folder
If you desire to move multiple files into a folder:
- Start by clicking on list views
- Select all or any specific files you want
- Drag your selected files to your #wp_fileo_features folder
2. Move Bulk Files from one folder to another:
- Right-click on a folder (from where you want to move files)
- Click ‘Move All Files’
- A prompt window to select folder appears
- Select your desired folder and click the ‘OK’ button
(C) Create Gallery
The WPFileo Pro plugin provides you with a media gallery block for Gutenberg. You can choose a folder and use the Gutenberg editor to add a gallery in post or page.
This plugin is language compatible; hence it can be translated into other languages. You can install and use the POEdit plugin for translation. The WPFileo Pro’s documentation provides comprehensive instructions on how to install the POEdit plugin.
The WPFileo Pro Features:
WPFileo Pro is one of the best plugins. Once you install it on your WordPress, you won’t need any other plugins. WPFileo can execute all the functionalities that organize the WordPress Media library. It’s designed with a range of helpful features that will make working on your WordPress quite an experience. Some of the best features of WPFileo are as follows:
Manage media with folders and subfolders
By using the create folders feature, WPFileo can enable the user to create folders and subfolders with a lot of ease. The user is at liberty to create as many folders and subfolders as needed to help organize the WordPress Media library. WPFileo Pro can automatically create folders for every feature you use.
Create galleries from folders
You can create galleries when you want to insert a gallery into your post; all it takes is a few clicks to create a gallery from all the media in a folder. You can also customize the gallery’s design to fit your needs.
Order and filter media
You can filter and order your website’s entire Media Library based on multiple helpful criteria.
Sync media with server folders
If you decide to use FTP to upload your media files, you can have WPFileo Pro to automatically import and sync those files to preserve the same folder structure that you use on your server.
Some other features that we cannot fail to talk about are:
Additionally, WPFileo Pro also includes these helpful features:
Drag and drop Interface
This feature allows you to drag a file from the folder and drop it into the intended folder destination just like it’s done in the windows environment.
Restrict folders by user role
To secure sensitive information in folder/files, if other users have access to your WordPress dashboard, you can easily restrict access to folders based on their user roles.
The plugin makes it super easy to know how many files you have in your media library as it auto counts and tells you how many files exist in each of your folders.
You can add cover images to your folders to make them easier to recognize.
Custom folder covers
Replacing an existing media file is made easy; you only need to use the replace function and automatically overwrite that file while still preserving the same URL.
You can automatically rename your files on upload according to your specified rules.
- Automatic file renaming
Your readers can download files in a user-friendly way with WPFileo built-in, styleable download buttons.
Frontend downloads buttons
WPFileo Pro is compatible with WooCommerce and other eCommerce plugins. It also works well with popular page builders like Beaver Builder, Divi Builder, Visual Composer, Themify Builder, and more.
WPFileo Pro is GDPR compliant; hence you need not worry as the plugin will not any data from your website visitors.
Easy to use
WPFileo is user-friendly even if you do not have any technical skills. You only need to install the plugin and get the ability to organize all your media library files, including images, texts, Audio, and Video, at the click of a button.
Safe and Secure
The plugin does not interfere with your WordPress physical files. Hence, deleting a folder does not remove real media attachment. Also, it will not affect your pages or any posts where you use those files.
WPFileo allows for easy migration so that if you are using Media Library Folders by Max Foundry or Enhanced Media Library wpUXsolutions, you can easily import all folders at once.
Once you purchase this plugin, you will not pay for future updates of features that< make it accost-effective in the long-run.
More about WPFileo Pro
1. When you move files to the newly created folder, files, or attachment URL will not change. The same applies to the attribute files you move into folders.
2. Once you decide to delete a folder, your file will not be deleted using this plugin; it moves to the non-organized category located on the sidebar’s top-second.
3. When you search for a file, the default search feature will search for the file in WordPress Media in the right panel. Use it to search for files.
4. The SEO settings for media images and other attachments will not change since this plugin neither changes property, an attribute, nor the attachment’s URL.
5. The folder’s color label makes it easy to organize by assigning a color to each folder, helping users access and recognize by color.
6. The plugin comes with translate ready as well as support for WPML and PolyLang.
7. WPFileo is compatible with other media manager plugins except for a few that have challenges accessing the same WordPress hooks and filters. However, due to its advanced features, you don’t need other plugins because the WPFileo plugin can Organize WordPress media Library functionalities adequately.
Using WordPress Media as your main file and folder tool to organize the WordPress Media Library system is quite a headache, especially when locating files and folders in its Media Library. But with an improvement on how you manipulate your data brought about by WPFileo Pro, there is an organization in your filing system, clutter has been done away with, and time wasted to dig out files and folders that didn’t want to be found is no more.
And there is more, WPFileo Pro can also help you to accomplish specific tasks such as replacing your old media files without breaking posts, quickly inserting galleries, and syncing all your media files with your web server. The plugin saves you the time you can use for other essential tasks to improve your website pages’ outlook.
Organizing the WordPress Media library is essential because it gives you the peace of mind associated with manipulating data and the filing system on your WordPress media library. Therefore, to achieve a structured data management system, you should get a plugin tool compatible with your WordPress.
WPFileo is the best plugin tool that will ensure your files are clutter-free and that you can introduce the necessary data manipulation hygiene in your media library. With a WPFileo plugin, you will not need to install any other plugin tool on your WordPress since it can execute all your media library’s functionalities.